12/03/2012

19. Neil Greenhalgh

Study for a Landscape
2010
Paintings on canvas







What I'm trying to do is create an image of a subconscious landscape that I may not have ever seen. It's not about any visible, physical landscape, but about the idea of one. I am thinking of a memory of a landscape, or perhaps a memory of a photograph of a landscape. But memory is elusive and the unconscious, when questioned, is unsure. Decision making becomes less impulsive, as the image becomes more convicted and I find myself within familiar territory and with repetitive conclusion. Searching for something that may not be there represents an eternally familiar need, but how is it possible to create a visual recording of this? 


Neil graduated with a first class honours degree in Fine Art from The University of Chester in July 2009, and is practising as a contemporary artist in Manchester. 

No comments:

Post a Comment